Build with Columbus Zona tubing, it is a highly ductile steel. highly crash resistance. Zona will give a comfortable ride quality and be strong as hell.
1800g ( small frame )
Design for Cyclo Cross racing, commuting & light touring, but you could ride it as a road or MTB !
Frame with rear rack mounting points
1 1/8" headtube
Standard 68mm threaded English BB shell
Disc brake Only, will run hydraulic brake ( future proof )
For 27.2mm seatpost
28.6mm front derailleur ( or braze-on front deraiileur with 28.6mm adaptor )
It will run 700 x 38C tire
Internal gear cable
Red or Black
$1199 with fork ( 700 x 38c clearance ), front derailleur braze-on adaptor & FSA Obit-X headset.
5 Size available :
525, 540, 555, 570 & 590mm effective top tube length
An all-purpose, high performance tubeset, manufactured in Cyclex steel, a top quality chrome molybdenum steel which has been cold worked to increase its strength.
These tubes in this set have short butts and are super finished to remove any surface defects. A wide range of tube diameters and shapes allow us to build frames to the customer's exact
Technical Data: 60 - 70 Tsi
Progetto Zona: custom, competitive road, and MTB frames
The alloy selected by Columbus
Nivacrom for Zona: Nivacrom is patented by Columbus. This is a steel alloy in which vanadium and niobium - precipitating in the metal matrix - block the grain growth during the
elevated overheating of the welding containing the decline in the mechanical characteristics even at temperatures above 1000°C. The material developed for the Zona series, is subjected to a series of
operations and treatments that, after drawing, homogenize the mechanical characteristics of the tube, making them uniform along the Iongitudinal axis. As a result, the fatigue behaviour is
Mechanical characteristics: Rm = 1000 N/mm2, Rs = 920 N/mm2 Ap5 > 10%.
The characteristics of the Zona tubes
- Asymmetrical tubes with cylindrical reinforcements
- Moderate weight and notable strength thanks to the new shapes, which are introduced for the first time also for the tubes of the rear axis.
- Elevated reliability and fatigue Iife
Reasons to choose Zona
- Athlete: Zona is the design which finally allows for a reasonable compromise between weight, strength and life of the frame. Thanks to the particular operations to which Nivacrom is subjected and
to the new sizes that also stiffen the frame Iaterally by means of suitable grooves, it is possible to obtain an finished product with good characteristics of lightness and a high efficiency.
- Framebuilder: Zona alIows for the construction of reliable frames which are easy to realize, both for the working of the tubes, the welding and the squaring operations of the frame. Thanks to
Nivacrom, Zona takes fulI advantage of all the characteristics of this steel which has been especially developed for cycling.
||could run up to 700 x 38c tire, in store Now